An article in National Geographic Magazine recently named Costa Rica, Singapore and Denmark as the three most joyful countries in the world. If Costa Rica is a beacon of happiness, the beachside town of Las Catalinas is the perfect place to discover that happiness for yourself. As a visitor in this uniquely planned town in the beautiful province of Guanacaste, you’ll be swept up in the welcoming culture and hospitality of this tropical paradise, and stunned by the beauty of its verdant forests, river valleys and pristine coastline. It’s truly a delight for the sense and serenity for the soul.
Because the town itself is almost car-free, you can freely explore the pedestrian-friendly streets, lined with warm, Mediterranean-inspired architecture and designed to bring land, sea and people together in a relaxed, friendly environment.
For the nature lover and the adventurer, Las Catalinas has no match. Playa Danta has the ideal swells for boogie boarding and bodysurfing for all ages. The area is also known for fantastic snorkeling and scuba diving. Hikers and mountain bikers can venture onto beautiful trails where wildlife sightings include monkeys, wild pigs and exotic birds.
For the social-minded, gather with locals and other residents at the Las Catalinas Beach Club to dine, to plunge into your choice of pools or end your day with cocktails.
This lavish residence is located in Plaza Central on the third floor of Las Catalinas. From this exquisite penthouse retreat, a spectacular, unobstructed view of the crystal blue waters and soft sands of Playa Danta and the islands beyond beckon you to explore the beach. Just a short stroll takes you to the ocean and all of the fine amenities of Las Catalinas. You can savor fresh, local cuisine at restaurants, enjoy spa services and savor the tranquil Costa Rica lifestyle.
The crisp, island style of the décor is enhanced with wood trim and beams and tile. Each bedroom has an in-suite bathroom, and the master bedroom has a view of the ocean.
- Pre-trip planning services that ensure you’ll have the best vacation possible.
- A dedicated on-site concierge who works with you to create custom, detailed and over-the-top experiences.
- A stay can be reserved, based on availability, anytime during the year with the exception of Christmas, New Year’s and Spring Break (3/1 – 4/10).
- The nights must be used during 1 trip.
- At least one person staying at the residence must be over the age of 25.
- Unless otherwise noted, all holiday weeks start the Saturday before the holiday through the Saturday after the holiday.
- These are representative destination properties. Your destination property, while of comparable value, may vary based upon available inventory at time of booking and travel.